Thursday 17 September 2015

My Little Box- September


Let's start on a positive note... I adored this month's My Little Box! 

Now prepare yourself for whinging and whining. This box was supposedly dispatched on the 2nd September, it arrived today on 17th! Now, okay, fair enough the email did say it will be delivered by 20th September so technically it arrived on time. I could have accepted it and moved on if it wasn't for the fact that My Little Box posted spoilers on their Facebook page! Therefore I knew what the main item in the box was which totally ruined the surprise! I don't really know why they thought this would be a good idea when a lot of subscribers had been complaining that it was yet to arrive and that one of the main reasons why a lot of people love this box is the element of surprise. Admittedly, being impatient and upset I would be getting not be getting a surprise, I was thinking maybe this subscription isn't worth the hassle. But then this box of loveliness turned up at my door (delivered by the lovely delivery man who I've seen nearly every day this week, who must think I'm absolutely bonkers - one day I panicked because I couldn't see to sign the screen as I just got back from having tests done on my eyes at hospital and then other days I've had huge boxes delivered). Well that was a bit of a tangent...

The amazing contents of the September "My Little Fashion box" consisted of...


My Little Scarf
Mini Bottle of Cointreau
Nail Stickers
L'Oreal Keratase Hair Spray
La Roche-Posay BB Creme
"Red Dingue" My Little Beauty Lip Cream
Cocktail Recipes


I love all the products in this months box, although there are some products I will definitely use more than others! The scarf I will definitely wear, it's perfect for the transition between seasons and will go with absolutely anything. In some boxes this scarf was blue but I'm so glad I got the black and white pattern! The product I'm probably most excited about is the La Roche-Posay BB cream, I've never tried anything from the brand but I've heard good things and never found a BB cream that I've liked or that has suited my skin tone. This looks light enough for my skin and if the brand is as good as people say I'm sure I won't be disappointed! As for the nail stickers, they are something I might play around with but they're something my sister will probably be more interested in than me. Again, the lip cream, I don't ever feel confident enough to wear a red lip and think it brings out the redness of my spots (highly unflattering!). I am a bit disappointed that it couldn't have been a different shade seeing as there was a very similar shade from a different brand in the last box!

The cherry on top for me was the cute little bottle of alcohol and the cocktail recipes as it just such a good little added extra. Although I must admit I find it slightly confusing that it's in a September box when I'm thinking about cracking out the hot chocolates rather than mixing up a cocktail! Also slightly concerned that I think this went in all boxes despite the age....I may be wrong but I'm still not sure if its appropriate but all the same I love the extra touch!


Overall, I loved this box and despite the long delivery etc I will be continuing my subscription for another month. I'm already excited about the October box eeeeek!

Are you a subscibor of My Little Box? What did you think about this months box? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons!

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment